Monday 21 April 2008

Lucy Rivers

I have been painting and drawing for over 20 years. At the beginning of 2007 I began to exhibit and sell my work for the first time. I currently work in watercolour which I mix with aquarelle, chalk pastel, ink and gouache. Branching into printmaking this year, I will soon be exhibiting some of my linocut prints at the Nottingham Society of Artists.

My paintings reflect my keen interest in environmental issues and the natural world. I have completed a series of nine woodland paintings over the past year. Woods have a magical quality which can change one’s emotions and perceptions and three of these illustrate Haiku created by poet Dave Wood.

I have supplied illustrative work for the environmental charity Global Action Plan and created educational and promotional materials for their EcoTeams project. My aim is to develop the illustrative side of my work further, working with Dave Wood to produce a collection of children’s poems over the ensuing months. I will develop the printmaking side of my work during this collaboration as well as continuing to work with watercolour and mixed media.

No comments: